VerticalMan App checks the Man Down situation, allows to continuously monitor the posture of the worker. If the inclination exceeds an angle and it is maintained for a period of time, VerticalMan warns locally with a visual and an acoustic alarm and notifies it remotely (via SMS, web service, email, phone or VoIP call ).
The user has some seconds (configurable) to stop the alarm and prevent a wrong remote notification.
The Android device with VerticalMan must be worn on belt with an opportune case for the device.
The application also controls the worker’s immobility, the device’s battery charge and the connectivity availability for remote notifications.
The targets of this system are principally lone workers, who haven’t a colleague and who operate without continuous contact with other people.
Who needs it
All lone workers need the VerticalMan’s supervision.
Below a partial list of lone work categories :
- CED night Operators
- Data Center Administrators
- Laboratory technicians
- Security guards
- Operators agricultural
- Saleswoman of small shops
- Night Pharmacists
- Medical Guards night
- Industrial Production workers
- Officer rail
VerticalMan is a Man Down Android App, that controls the vertical posture of lone workers that can operate in outdoors or indoors.
When the device exceeds the configured angle it is considered in alarm and the operator VerticalMan alerts the rescuer through GSM phone or VoiP call, SMS, email, or by calling the alarm management system of the corporation (via web call). All of these communication channels could be activated simultaneously by the alarm.
Inside a Corporate
The peculiarity of VerticalMan, compared with competitor’s applications, is the ability to notify the alarm also via Wi-Fi network, so to become independent from the GSM operator.
- You can use VerticalMan even in places where there is no GSM signal (internal buildings areas, underground rooms, etc.)
- You are not bonded to the availability of service offered by a third party (GSM operator) in case of emergencies
- The company can monitor the network devices and it makes the system very safe.
VerticalMan has two licenses, one with only the GSM notification, while the second one has also the Wi-Fi notification.
|“Man Down” Alarm|
|Battery level Alarm|
|Wrong configuration Alarm|
|Missing connectivity Alarm|
|GSM call notification|
|Web service on Wi-Fi notification|
|Notify start/stop application|
|SCADA Notification on Wi-Fi network|
|Comunicate GPS Coordinates|
|Indoor Position with Beacon network (IPS)|
|Centralized configuration with Ecoro Lite or AWSI|
|Compatible with Ecom device, certified ATEX, IECEx, NEC & CEC|
|Compatible with Sonim ultra-Rugged device XP6 e XP7|
|Support for external sensor (Metawear-R accelerometer)|
|Panic Button (with Flic button)|
VerticalMan App runs on most of Android smartphones, on common personal phones, on ultra-rugged devices or on Atex smartphones.
Aldea suggests some smartphone devices, but the best choice is to use the phone currently used by lone worker.
Here is a small list of devices for VerticalMan:
|Samsung XCover 4||Zebra TC20/25||Athesi E5||Ecom Smart-Ex 01|
For all non-profit organizations with an exclusively humanitarian purpose the Aldea software license are free. If your no-profit organization needs a license, you should only send an email to [email protected] with an official document (statute or similar).
When the main scope of an application is the personal health check the security and reliability are very important .
VerticalMan is designed for the highest secure level:
1. The main screen have only item activated with slide gesture (hard to trigger accidentally). The About or Settings screen have a timer after 60 seconds came back to main screen.
2. The settings are protect with a password, for prevent involuntary user edit.
3. The Configuration Alarm alert the system if not well configured. This guarantee, when the user in dangerous situation, that the application send the correct notification.
4. The Connectivity not available alarm, alert the user when is in an area where do not have remote assistance.
5. VerticalMan can restart itself automatically (with specific settings) in case Android kill it for low resources. The System Operative can kill all the tasks if it decide, without alert the user.
6. With Wi-Fi notification, the whole system can be more secure than in a GSM environment, because the network devices (Access Point, router, switch, etc.) can be under customer System Administrator control.
7. VerticalMan is certificated to run with SureLock (a tool used by enterprises for locking down Mobile devices & Tablets) to protect the use of the device; only the administrator define what the user can do.
8. VerticalMan is certificated to run on ECOM ATEX device for use it in dangerous environment.
The VerticalMan license is related to the device in which the App run.
For guarantee the investment, the perpetual license is valid for a life. The customer can activate the license on a device and if he want to transfer to other device must only deactivate it from the first device to reactivate to the new device.
For Activate or Deactivate there are a features in Settings screen on App; the only requirement is an availability of an Internet connection during the procedure.
Annual Support and Maintenance
Subscription licenses include upgrades, support and maintenance for subscription period. Perpetual licenses include 12 months of software maintenance (support and product updates). We recommend that you renew your product maintenance prior to the expiration date for continued access to benefits like latest product updates and support.
Maintenance renewals commence from the expiration of your active maintenance period, regardless of when the maintenance renewal is purchased. If you intend to renew, we recommend renewing at least 30 days before expiration.
You are eligible to receive free software upgrades during the active maintenance period. Current version of the product will be active after maintenance period, but upgrade to the new versions will not be available unless support and maintenance plan is purchased.
Priority Email Support:
During active maintenance period, you can send us support requests via email for issues related to licensing, installation, configuration and product usage. We undertake to respond to priority support requests within one business day.
How to renew Support Plan:
You can renew your support plan at 10% of license cost. We will send you an email notification 30 days prior to the expiry of your current maintenance period. You can also contact us at [email protected] to purchase or renew your Annual Support Plan. Please mention details such as company name, ordering person’s email address and activation code provided earlier.
|Correct position||Wrong posture|
|Start local Alarm and countdown|
for remote notification
|Setup 2||Setup 3|
|Setup 4||Setup 5|
|Setup 6||Setup 7|
Specific requirements … Let’s talk about it
VerticalMan have more the 100 parameters for satisfy many customer demands, but if you have same specific requirement , contact us and we can search the best solution together.