VerticalMan App checks the Man Down situation, allows to continuously monitor the posture of the worker. If the inclination exceeds an angle and it is maintained for a period of time, VerticalMan warns locally with a visual and an acoustic alarm and notifies it remotely (via SMS, web service, email, phone or VoIP call ).
The user has some seconds (configurable) to stop the alarm and prevent a wrong remote notification.
The Android device with VerticalMan must be worn on belt with an opportune case for the device.
The application also controls the worker’s immobility, the device’s battery charge and the connectivity availability for remote notifications.
The targets of this system are principally lone workers, who haven’t a colleague and who operate without continuous contact with other people.
Who needs it
All lone workers need the VerticalMan’s supervision.
Below a partial list of lone work categories :
- CED night Operators
- Data Center Administrators
- Laboratory technicians
- Security guards
- Operators agricultural
- Saleswoman of small shops
- Night Pharmacists
- Medical Guards night
- Industrial Production workers
- Officer rail
VerticalMan is a Man Down Android App, that controls the vertical posture of lone workers that can operate in outdoors or indoors.
When the device exceeds the configured angle it is considered in alarm and the operator VerticalMan alerts the rescuer through GSM phone or VoiP call, SMS, email, or by calling the alarm management system of the corporation (via web call). All of these communication channels could be activated simultaneously by the alarm.
Inside a Corporate
The peculiarity of VerticalMan, compared with competitor’s applications, is the ability to notify the alarm also via Wi-Fi network, so to become independent from the GSM operator.
- You can use VerticalMan even in places where there is no GSM signal (internal buildings areas, underground rooms, etc.)
- You are not bonded to the availability of service offered by a third party (GSM operator) in case of emergencies
- The company can monitor the network devices and it makes the system very safe.
VerticalMan has two licenses, one with only the GSM notification, while the second one has also the Wi-Fi notification.
|“Man Down” Alarm|
|Battery level Alarm|
|Wrong configuration Alarm|
|Missing connectivity Alarm|
|GSM call notification|
|Web service on Wi-Fi notification|
|Notify start/stop application|
|SCADA Notification on Wi-Fi network|
|Communicate GPS Coordinates|
|Indoor Position with Beacon network (IPS)|
|Centralized configuration with Ecoro Lite or AWSI|
|Compatible with Ecom device, certified ATEX, IECEx, NEC & CEC|
|Compatible with Sonim ultra-Rugged device XP6 e XP7|
|Support for external sensor (Metawear-R accelerometer)|
|Panic Button (with Flic button)|
|Integration with eCoRo App (Alarms console for Smartphone and Tablet)|
|Integration with eCoRo Web (Web Alarms Console)|
On both licenses it is possible to:
- Add the add-on for indoor positioning (IPS) performed via beacon.
- Integrate the eCoRo App Alarm console
- Centrally manage the configuration via eCoRo Web Lite
For all non-profit organizations with an exclusively humanitarian purpose the Aldea software license are free. If your no-profit organization needs a license, you should only send an email to [email protected] with an official document (statute or similar).
VerticalMan App runs on most of Android smartphones, on common personal phones, on ultra-rugged devices or on Atex smartphones.
Aldea suggests some smartphone devices, but the best choice is to use the phone currently used by lone worker.
Here is a small list of devices for VerticalMan:
|Samsung XCover 4||Zebra TC20/25||Athesi E5||Ecom Smart-Ex 01|
When the main scope of an application is the personal health check the security and reliability are very important .
VerticalMan is designed for the highest secure level:
- The main screen have only item activated with slide gesture (hard to trigger accidentally). The About or Settings screen have a timer after 60 seconds came back to main screen.
- The settings are protect with a password, for prevent involuntary user edit.
- The Configuration Alarm alert the system if not well configured. This guarantee, when the user in dangerous situation, that the application send the correct notification.
- The Connectivity not available alarm, alert the user when is in an area where do not have remote assistance.
- VerticalMan can restart itself automatically (with specific settings) in case Android kills it for low resources. The Operative System can kill all the tasks, without alerting the user.
- With Wi-Fi notification, the whole system can be more secure than in a GSM environment, because the network devices (Access Point, router, switch, etc.) can be under customer’s System Administrator control.
- VerticalMan is certificated to run with SureLock (a tool used by enterprises for locking down Mobile devices & Tablets) to protect the use of the device; only the administrator defines what the user can do.
- VerticalMan is certificated to run on ATEX devices if you need to use it in dangerous environments.
The VerticalMan license is related to the device on which the App runs.
To guarantee the investment, the perpetual license is valid for a life. The customer can activate the license on a device and if he want to transfer it to another device, he must only deactivate it from the first device and reactivate it on the new device.
To Activate or Deactivate there is a feature in “Settings” screen in the App; the only requirement is the availability of an Internet connection during the procedure.
Annual Support and Maintenance
Subscription licenses include upgrades, support and maintenance for the whole subscription period. Perpetual licenses include 12 months of software maintenance (support and product updates). We suggest you to renew your product maintenance before the expiration date to have access to benefits like latest product updates and support.
Maintenance renewals start from the expiration of your active maintenance period, regardless of when the maintenance renewal is purchased. If you intend to renew, we recommend renewing at least 30 days before expiration.
You will receive free software upgrades during the active maintenance period. After the expiration of your maintenance, you can continue using VerticalMan, but your available version will be the lastest one that was published during your maintenance period. Upgrade to the new versions will not be available unless support and maintenance plan is purchased.
Priority Email Support:
During active maintenance period, you can send us support requests via email for issues related to licensing, installation, configuration and product usage. We undertake to respond to priority support requests within one business day.
How to renew Support Plan:
You can renew your support plan at 10% of license cost. We will send you an email notification 30 days before the expiration date of your current maintenance period. You can also contact us at [email protected] to purchase or renew your Annual Support Plan.
|Correct position||Wrong posture|
|Start local Alarm and countdown|
for remote notification
|Setup 2||Setup 3|
|Setup 4||Setup 5|
|Setup 6||Setup 7|
Specific requirements … Let’s talk about it
VerticalMan has more than 100 parameters to satisfy most of customer’s demands, but if you have some specific requirements , contact us and we can search the best solution together.